Corvias Property Management

Fort Rucker


Want More Info?

Have a question about our homes or communities before applying?

  • Military Homes
  • Military Rentals
  • On-Post Housing
  • Wait List
  • Housing Application

Our community management teams are here to help!

Have you already submitted your application? We understand that the application process can be stressful, so be sure to review our FAQs to help ease you through it! Click on any of the questions below to see the corresponding answer.

I have my orders…

[+] Who is Corvias?

The Army and Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) staff selected Corvias as the partner to privatize family housing at Fort Sill. Corvias is family owned and operated. The company has also partnered with Forts Meade, Bragg, Polk, Rucker, Riley and Aberdeen Proving Ground under the RCI program.

[+] Who is eligible for family housing?

You are eligible for family housing at Fort Rucker if you are an active duty service member with a dependent and are assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Rucker. On the date of occupancy, you must have a minimum of six months of active duty service remaining on your current orders which includes PCS moves for training. You must also be signed into the unit or installation in order to sign a Corvias  Resident Occupancy Agreement and take possession of a home.

Single soldiers who are E6 and above or an officer are also eligible to live on-post. Single soldiers who wish to live alone will pay their without dependant BAH. Single soldiers who wish to have a roommate can do so.  

[+] What type of documentation is needed to apply?

No special documentation is needed to apply however, before taking possession of a home we will need the following: PCS orders, copy of most recent Leave & Earnings Statement or DA5960 and DEERS form. You can find your DEERS on your AKO account under My Family, My DEERS.

[+] Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. No Power of Attorney is required unless the service member will not be present during the lease signing.

[+] Do you allow pets and how many?

Yes, Fort Rucker is a pet-friendly installation. There is a 2 pet limit. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers and wolf hybrids are prohibited from Fort Rucker family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

[+] Will I be responsible for utilities?

The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the Department of the Army's (DA) Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) with Congressional support has required DA to work with Corvias and other privatized family housing partners to develop procedures that provide incentives for Soldiers and their Families living on post to be responsible for their energy consumption. Through the Live Army Green program, Soldiers and their Families gain a better understanding of the OSD and DA's utility policy through education about utility consumption at Army installations as well as conservation education in the form of energy-saving tips, programs and events. The essence of Live Army Green is simple -- your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will continue to cover your electricity and natural gas costs up to a certain baseline amount established each month for your home type. The amount your utility usage falls above or below the monthly baseline will determine whether you: a) receive money back as a rebate; b) must supplement your energy costs; or c) do nothing.

[+] What amenities are included with the home?

Fort Rucker homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and garbage disposal. The homes also feature full size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, quarterly pest control and weekly trash and recycling collection.

[+] Explain the rent allotment.

The rent allotment will equal the your BAH entitlement for your rank for the period of time you reside in family housing. The allotment will reflect any BAH increases or decreases you incur.

[+] May I request placement on more than one wait list at one time?

You may occupy only one wait list at one time.

[+] What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change; however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing Center for updates.

I have my orders and I have special circumstances…

[+] I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the wait list?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Rucker housing wait lists. If you are seeking priority placement due to EFMP status, please contact the Leasing Manager at (334) 440-8988 for more information about our Exception to Policy process.

[+] I have a family member who requires a home with accessibility features or special home modifications due to a medical condition. Who do I see?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries must be directed to the Leasing Office. Once you have completed the application, you may reach the Leasing Manager at (334) 440-8988.

I've completed my application…

[+] How long will my application remain active once submitted?

Incomplete applications can be accepted and held for a maximum of 30 days. Incomplete applications that have expired will be shredded for security.

[+] If I get in an off-post lease, can I stay on the list?

Yes. You can inform our Leasing Center team of the date your lease expires. We will note the date in your file as your availability date. Pending availability of homes, we will contact you with a home offer within a month of your availability date.

[+] Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

If you elect to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application.

[+] Once I am offered a home, how long do I have to accept/decline?

You will have 24 hours to make your decision. If you accept the home, you will be responsible for the prorated rent amount for the remainder of the current month and any pet fees and deposits that may apply.

[+] What happens if I decline a home?

Each time a home is declined the priority and eligibility date on the wait list will be affected as follows:

  • 1st Declined Offer – The eligibility date will remain the same and the applicant's wait list status is not affected.
  • 2nd Declined Offer – The eligibility date will be changed to the date the applicant is declining the home.
  • 3rd Declined Offer – The applicant is removed from the wait list. The applicant is welcome to re-apply when they are ready. At that time the applicant will be added to the wait list, and the eligibility date will be the new date of application.

I'm getting ready to move on post…

[+] Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Rucker, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

I just signed my lease…

[+] Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

The move will be a government transportation move. Once you sign the Residential Occupancy Agreement your neighborhood office will provide you with a memo to submit to Transportation to move your household goods.

I'm a current resident…

[+] My mother is coming to live with me. Am I eligible for a larger home?

The parent must be established as a dependent of the service member through DEERS and have a military-issued ID card.

I'm moving out…

[+] What happens when I need to move?

Contact your Community Office to establish a move-out date and provide a written 30 day notice to vacate. If the move must occur sooner than 30 days, appropriate orders must be presented.

If the military has not directed the move, you will be responsible for moving expenses including a fee to terminate the Resident Occupancy Agreement.

A pre-inspection may be scheduled any time up to five (5) days prior to the scheduled move-out date. The pre-inspection which may identify potential damages or cleaning items that require remedy prior to move-out in order to avoid charges being assessed.

Corvias requires a final move-out inspection to be conducted after all personal belongings have been fully removed from the home. The identical form used to document the condition of the home at move-in will again be used at move-out to document the condition of the home upon departure. The two inspections will be compared with differences in conditions noted. After allowing for normal wear and tear, your Community Office will evaluate any remaining differences or discrepancies and assess appropriate charges if warranted.

[+] What other requirements exist upon moving out?

Corvias will only require the home to be surface cleaned, i.e.: floors vacuumed and swept, appliances/counter tops/cabinets wiped clean and trash removed.

[+] When will the rent allotment stop?

When any charges for damages (beyond normal wear and tear) have been paid, the allotment will be stopped. After move out, any refund due will be made by the tenth of the following month after your move out date. For example, if you move out on August 5, your refund will be made on September 10

[+] I am PCSing from my Corvias location. Where can I find more information on privatized housing?

For more information, visit the official site of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI) Partners: