- Spring Into Fun
- April is Month of the Military Child
- Your opinion matters
- Spotlight award winners
- The 2015 pool season is here
- Corvias Foundation grant applications due May 7
- Green corner
- How to prepare your yard for mowing
- Resident reminder
- Retirees can retain housing for up to one year
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
Corvias Military Living will hold our annual Spring Into Fun event on Apr. 24 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at the event field on Seventh Ave. and Castle (in the Bowden terrace neighborhood). Residents will enjoy free food and refreshments, photo booth, bounce houses and much more! For information, please contact your Community Office.
During this month, we take time to recognize the sacrifices of our military children, and celebrate their strength, courage and resiliency. Our youngest heroes serve by adapting to frequent moves, change of schools, parental deployments, and life transitions.
In conjunction with Month of the Military Child, Purple Up! is an initiative calling the community to show support for children in military families. You can do this by wearing the color purple on April 15th. Why purple? Purple is the color that symbolizes all branches of the military, as it is a combination of Army green, Marine red, and Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard blue.
Corvias Military Living would like to salute our military children and show appreciation for all that they do! Please join us at Spring Into Fun on Friday, April 24th and stop by the welcome table to pick up a small token of our gratitude.
Late last year, families living on-post received a housing survey from SatisFacts to determine resident satisfaction. The data collected from this survey, as well as the quarterly RCI surveys, helps Corvias improve your experience living on-post.
Out of a possible 5.00 score, Corvias Military Living residents gave the company a 4.29 in the 2014 survey. Corvias earned the Superior Service distinction at 32 of the military communities the company manages throughout the country with a score of 4.0 to 4.49. Eight communities earned the highest honors, Exceptional Service achievement, with a score of 4.5 or above. This award marks the seventh year in a row that Corvias has ranked first nationally in the SatisFacts Annual Resident Survey, and the eighth consecutive year it has achieved the Superior Company Score award.
"We are committed to our mission of improving the quality of life for the service members and their families living on all of Corvias' installations," said Chuck Parker, Division President of Corvias Military Living. "This award speaks volumes about how passionate Corvias employees are nationwide about their jobs and those they serve. Achieving the highest rating from our residents is a tremendous honor and we are humbled by their recognition of our efforts."
To find out more information and see the complete list of winners click here.
Our spotlight award winners are: 2Lt Mitch Mehaffey and 2Lt Mathew , WO1 Justin Adams and 1Sg Rodney Cox. Spotlight Awards are given to residents who demonstrate pride in their home and community. Examples of this may be keeping a tidy home, enhancing landscaping around the home or helping another resident out. Thank you for helping to make Fort Rucker a great place to live!
Nothing beats the neighborhood pool on a hot summer day! Corvias has resort-style swimming pools at Fort Rucker for residents to enjoy. Located at the community centers, pools are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Lifeguards are always on duty during open hours, for both your safety and peace of mind.
All Community Center pools will open:
- Friday, May 22 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 23 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bowden Terrace, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 24 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day) from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bowden Terrace, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Regular 2015 Pool Hours:
- Mon – Sat: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bowden Terrace, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sun: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tues: Munson Heights pool closed
- Wed: Bowden Terrace pool closed
- Thurs: Allen Heights pool closed
Corvias Military Living looks forward to a great summer of serving our pool patrons. Please call your Community Office with any questions you may have regarding pool related topics.
There is still time for military spouses to apply for a $5,000 Educational grant. For more information visit corviasfoundation. org.
80 to 90 percent of energy used to wash clothes is used to heat the water. To save energy, consider washing your clothes in cold water.
Remove toys, decorative items, trash, patio furniture, grills, pet waste, and trampolines from all grassy areas on your lawn mowing day. Unprepared lawns will not be mowed.
- Park cars on paved areas to allow crews access to grassy areas.
- Store pets indoors on your lawn mowing day.
- Ensure that your backyard fence is unlocked to allow crews to access your yard. After lawn mowing has been completed, verify that your fence is closed before allowing your pet to re-enter your yard
In accordance with Resident Responsibility Guide (RRG), residents must receive written approval prior to installation of a satellite dish or antenna and a dig permit. For more information contact your Community office.
Current Corvias Military Living service members have the benefit of remaining in on-post housing for up to one-year after retirement. Contact your Community Office for more information.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Upcoming events and important dates
- April 9: Infant Massage class, Bldg. 8950, 9 to 11 a.m. (334) 255-9647
- April 17: Newcomer's Welcome, The Landing, 830 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- April 24: Spring Into Fun, 7th and Castle, 4 to 630 p.m.
- April 28: Free Movie Night, Planes, Post Theater, 5 p.m. (334) 255-9647
- April 30: EFMP Information Workshop, Bldg. 5700 Rm. 284. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (334) 255-9277