- Coming Soon
- Ice Cream Social Apr 13
- Facebook Notifications
- Resident Reminders
- April is Month of the Military Child
- Resident Spotlight
- Apply Now
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
Look out for the Army Survey that will be emailed beginning May 5th. This important survey will help ensure the continued success of the RCI program in meeting your needs, and will help guide the Army and Corvias in the development of future improvements to our homes and services. This survey will be administered through a third party, CEL & Associates, Inc. (CEL). The survey results are confidential, so please express your true opinions and thoughts. All Fort Rucker residents who complete the survey will be entered to win a weekly drawing of $500 and one grand prize of $1500.
There's no better way to enjoy a beautiful Spring day than with some delicious ice cream. Corvias Military Living will like to invite all our residents to our upcoming Spring Into Fun-Ice Cream Social taking place Wednesday, April 13 from 2 to 4 pm. at the Corvias Leasing Center (Bowden). Cold Stone Creamery will be serving pre-dipped ice-cream with your favorite toppings and mix-ins. In addition, we will "Purple Up! For our Military Kids," and offer a special token of our appreciation.
We are on Facebook. If you would like to receive information about your community, view housing tips and so much more, please be sure to turn on your notifications. It’s simple. Follow these 3 quick steps:
- Like us on Facebook
- Hover your mouse over the liked button located on the cover photo
- Check get notifications
We will see you there!
What can you do to avoid suffering from seasonal allergies? The only way to avoid pollen is to move to somewhere that has no grass, trees or weeds - or lock yourself in a sealed, air-conditioned room until the pollen is gone. Fortunately, there are less drastic steps you can take to make yourself more comfortable. The AAAAI at http://www.aaaai.org/ offers the following tips to help allergy sufferers find some relief during your peak allergy season:
- Do a thorough spring cleaning – windows, book shelves and air conditioning vents collect dust and mold throughout the winter that can provoke allergy symptoms.
- Minimize outdoor activity when pollen counts are high. Peak pollen times are usually between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Take medications at least 30 minutes prior to outdoor activity. Consult with an allergist-immunologist to ensure medications are helping you, and notify your doctor when reactions to medications occur.
- Shut windows in your house on days pollen counts are high. Avoid using windows or fans that may draw pollen inside.
- Wash bedding weekly in hot water.
- Dry laundry indoors. Sheets hanging on an outside line are an easy target for blowing pollen.
- Shower and wash your hair before bed - pollen can collect on your hair and skin.
- Keep pets off of furniture and out of the bedroom. Pollen can cling to the dog or cat after being outside.
- Keep car windows closed during peak season. Use air conditioning and point vents away from face.
- When mowing lawn or gardening, wear a filter mask.
For update to date pollen information in your area go to the National Allergy Bureau.
April is Month of the Military Child. During this month, we take time to recognize the sacrifices of our military children, and celebrate their strength, courage and resiliency. Our youngest heroes serve by adapting to frequent moves, change of schools, parental deployments, and life transitions.
In conjunction with Month of the Military Child, Purple Up! is an initiative calling the community to show support for children in military families. So show your support and wear Purple. Why purple? Purple is the color that symbolizes all branches of the military, as it is a combination of Army green, Marine red, and Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard blue.
Corvias Military Living would like to salute our military children and show appreciation for all that they do! So on April 13th from 2 to 4 pm we will be having an Ice Cream Social at our Leasing Office to say thank to our residents and a special recognition to our military kids. So join us and enjoy free ice-cream served by Cold Stone Creamery with your favorite toppings and mix-ins.
W01 Sheldon Donovan for taking pride in your yard.
SGT Nathaneal Sanchez-Rodriquez for taking pride in your yard.
PV2 Marcius Noyes for taking pride in beautifying your yard.
Winners will receive a $25 gift card for taking pride in their community. Thank you for helping to make Fort Rucker a great place to live! Contact your Community office to find out how you can earn prizes for taking pride in your community.
Spouses of active-duty service members are eligible to apply for $5,000 Educational Grants for college. Applications are due May 5 and are available at corviasfoundation.org.
If every American recycled just one-tenth of their newspapers, we could save about 25 million trees each year.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Apr 1: International Spouses Get Together. Allen Heights Community Center. 9 to 11 am. 255-3735
Apr 2: Fort Rucker Outdoor Yard Sale, Flea Market and NAF Property Sale. 7 to 11 am at Fort Rucker Festival Fields. For details call 255-1749.
Apr 7: Child Abuse Prevention Month Proclamation. 10 am at the Soldier Service Center. For details call 255-9647.
Apr 12: ACS Workshop. Dealing with Meltdowns. The Commons, Bldg 8950. To register call 255-9277.
Apr 13: Spring into Fun-Ice Cream Social. Corvias Leasing Center. 2 to 4 pm. 503-3644
Apr 26: Cooking with Herbs. 9 am to 10:30 am. Munson Heights Community Center. 503-3641.
Apr 26: Community Offices Closed: 11 am to 2 pm