- Halloween Decoration Contest
- Movie Night - Oct 7
- Corvias Haunted House - Oct 28th and 29th
- Strengthening Families and Communities
- Resident Spotlight
- Halloween Safety
- Resident Reminder
- Corvias Foundation Announces Military Spouse Recipients of $100,000 in Educational Grant Awards
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
Corvias Military Housing will host a Halloween Decorating Contest in October. So get into the spirit and show us how you decorate the outside of your home for Halloween. Three lucky residents will win a $50 VISA card along with goodies from MWR. Participation is completely voluntary. To participate visit your Community office to complete a registration form. Winners will be announced on October 27th.
Join us for our Annual Resident Event Fallapalooza. This year we will have a Halloween themed Movie Night. We will be showing Hotel Transylvania 2. We will also have a trick or trunk station and movie snacks. Bring a lawn chair or relax on the grass. This event is free and open to all Corvias on-post housing residents.
Join us for our annual Fallapalooza event on October 28th and 29th. Stop by our Haunted House "Screams of Terror" if you dare. This year the Haunted House will be located at 118 Red Cloud Road in the Munson Heights Community. This event is free and open to all Corvias residents. Please be advised that children 11 and under must be supervised to enter the Haunted House.
Knowing what resources are available is essential to navigating military life. Community resources and support can help military families develop skills to become resilient and cope with challenging situations.
Reaching out to community resources for assistance can:
- Give you the ability to make realistic plans for you and your family and take the steps necessary to follow through with them.
- Give you a positive self-concept and confidence in your strengths and abilities.
- Help you develop communication and problem-solving skills.
- Help you manage negative impulses and feelings in a positive way.
Wellness resources for the military community:
- Stay connected to family and friends. Build a support network through your Family Readiness Group, parenting support groups or other organizations on post.
- Military OneSource– is a one-stop shop, with an array of information on topics to include deployment, reunion, relationship, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and childhood, and much more. Military OneSource offers confidential non-medical counseling services online, by telephone or face to face.
- Army Community Service - 334 255-3817.
- Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs. Resource for veterans on benefits and services.
- If you need assistance connecting to wellness resources contact your Resident Relations Manager at (334) 503-3600.
Congratulations to our spotlight award winners: W01 Kalgren and family, SFC Mason and Family and SSG Waters and family. These residents are being recognized for going above and beyond in improving the front entrance of their home and yard. Winners will receive a $25 gift card. Thank you for helping to make Fort Rucker a great place to live.
Halloween is a fun and spooky time of year for kids. Make trick-or-treating safe for your little monsters with a few easy safety tips here.
Now that fall is here, cooler weather will be upon us and your air conditioners will finally get some time off. When you turn your heat on for the first time, you will notice a burning smell. This is normal. What you are smelling is the dust burning off the coils. The odor will subside shortly thereafter. However, if you the odor continues and your unit is not working properly, please contact your Community office to submit a service request to have your unit assessed.
Corvias Foundation, a private, charitable foundation and the charitable arm of Corvias, has been committed to supporting military families in the pursuit of higher education since 2006. This year, Corvias Foundation has awarded 20 educational grants totaling $100,000 to the spouses of active-duty service members. This year’s grant recipients represent 9 Army and Air Force installations across the United States. The names of the outstanding spouses who received the awards follow:
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Kara Burdick is a junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from Purdue University-Northwest and she looks forward to continuing her nursing career. She has volunteered with Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Red Cross. Her husband is 2nd Lt. Jeremiah Burdick of the U.S. Army..
About Corvias Foundation
Corvias Foundation, the charitable arm of Corvias, is committed to inspiring students, college and university campuses, military families, and our employees to reach higher. Founded in 2006 as "Our Family for Families First Foundation," our work increases access to educational, internship, mentoring and volunteer opportunities so that those we touch are empowered to pursue their dreams and to make a greater impact in service to their communities and their nation. We strive to create ever-increasing opportunities by providing the resources and networks needed to help our scholars and partners surpass their goals. We achieve this through a commitment to education, community engagement and high-impact charitable giving. Online scholarship applications are available each November at www.corviasfoundation.org or call 401-228-2836 for more information.
How do you get rid of “energy vampires?” Unplug appliances that are not in use. Do not leave them in standby mode.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Oct 4: Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) Presentation. Post Theater. For details call 255-3898
Oct 7: Movie Night. Hotel Transylvania 2. 6:30 pm at Castle and 7th Avenue.
Oct 10: Columbus Day-Offices Closed.
Oct 28,29: Corvias Haunted House. 7:30 pm. 118 Red Cloud Road (Munson Heights). 334-503-3644.