- Summer Fun & Safety
- Community Yard Sale
- Pools are Open
- Popsicle Friday
- Story Hour
- Thank you Thursday
- Surface Clean Explained
- Take the Army Survey!
- Corvias Adult Pool Party June 9
- Resident Spotlight Winners
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
- Upcoming Events
School is out and summer is finally here! This is the time for baseball games, cook outs, family gatherings, and playing hide & seek! Here are some safety tips to help keep you and your family safe this summer:
- The weather is beautiful outside – the days are longer which means more time to play outdoors. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Fort Rucker installation child supervision policy. This policy is in place to ensure the safety of the children of the community.
- The summer time temperatures can reach a real feel of over a 100, in a locked car, that temperature is much higher. Do not leave a child or an animal in a vehicle. If you see a child or pet in a locked car, please remember to call 911 for assistance.
- Pools – only wading pools 12” in height or less, are allowed in the backyard and must be supervised while in use. Pools should be emptied out daily and turned over when not in use for safety purposes. Still water will attract pesky mosquitos.
- Grills – we love the taste of freshly grilled hamburgers – please remember to use your grill in the back of your home and keep it 10 feet away when in use.
- Landscaping – please check to see what day your street is scheduled to be mowed so that you can ensure that your yard is ready. Keeping your grass mowed will help reduce insects in your yard during the hot summer months.
- Lock your doors when not at home even if you are right next door, at the park, at the pool, will be right back, etc. – PLEASE lock your door. For security purposes our maintenance technicians will not enter an “unlocked” home when responding to a routine work order. Also, make sure that you secure your car and do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Pets – please take care and control all pets in a manner which is harmonious with the community. Fort Rucker allows 3 pets per household and all pets need to be registered with the Fort Rucker Veterinary Services and must be on a leash at all times. Poop scoop is mandatory!
To ensure you and your family (to include your four legged fur babies) are staying hydrated and know the warning signs: Beat the Heat
Hydrate to make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to reframe from becoming dehydrated.
Educate yourself on being exposed to excessive heat. Please check the weather reports for heat index and watch for the warning signs.
Attentive seek medical attention if you show signs of dizziness, nausea, vomiting, cramping, or increase in heart rate.
Temperature will cause heat overexertion. Stay in air conditioning or shaded areas. Take hourly breaks especially if you are working outdoors or exercising.
Summer time is a great time to build wonderful memories. We care for our residents and we want you to be safe this summer!! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to your Community Center.
Now is your chance! Host a yard sale in your own yard or find special treasures at your neighbors' yard on Saturday, June 3. Contact your Community Office to register
Corvias has resort-style swimming pools for residents to enjoy during the summer. Lifeguards are always on duty during open hours, for both your safety and peace of mind. Be sure to get your pool pass from the Community Office and brush up on the pool rules here.
Summer is here and we want our residents to come by your Community Center every Friday to get a “cool” popsicle.
In partnership with the Center Library, Join us for Story Hour on June 22 at 9 am at the Bowden Terrace Community Center. Also enjoy a take home craft.
Come by the Community Office every Thursday from 1 to 4 pm for a treat and a prize from the treasure chest.
If a PCS is in your future we want to let you know more about our “surface clean” requirement for homes at the time of move out. The surface-clean requirement is designed to ease the “check-out” process for military families and eliminate “white glove” inspections. It is no longer necessary to hire a cleaning team to achieve the level of cleanliness considered acceptable for move out. If you would like to hire a cleaner or cleaning team please feel free to do so, but it is not necessary.
Surface-clean condition implies that a home is left clean throughout. When a home is cleaned regularly, it should only require a wipe down and sweep/vacuum at move-out to deliver surface-clean condition. In detail, this means that the appliances, cabinets (inside and out), counter tops and windowsills should be wiped down with a cleaning solution and then with clear water. In addition, the floors should be cleaned with the appropriate solution to remove dirt and grime. Carpeted floors should be vacuumed. All personal items and trash need to be removed from the house. Click here for the move-out made easy tips. If you have specific questions or concerns, your Community Office team can walk you through the process.
Residents! Survey ends on June 2. There is still time to take the survey and share your true opinions and thoughts. Your valuable feedback is important in the development of future improvement to your homes and services.
Congratulations to our 2nd week $500 survey winner, SPC Serrano and family. We will be announcing our 3rd week winner in a few days.
If you did not receive an email from ARMYHousingSurvey@celassociates.com, contact your Community office to receive alternate instructions on how to complete the survey or contact via email at Rucker.Resident@corvias.com
Enjoy an evening of free adult beverages, pizza & wings. Come mingle with your neighbors for laughs and good conversation. There will be music, games and raffle prizes, all especially designed for adult attendees. We kindly ask that you coordinate your child care arrangements off site. Child care will not be available during the event. This event is free and open to all on-post housing residents. Please invite your friends to enjoy the event with you!
Congratulations to our Spotlight Winners:
- Charles Adams and Family (Allen Heights)
- SFC Jonathan Bunch and Family (Munson Heights)
- SSG Michael Iffinger and Family (Bowden Terrace)
Thank you for helping to make Fort Rucker a great place to live! Winners will receive a $25 gift card, recognition in the Corvias newsletter and photos on on the Corvias FB page. Next month we will be selecting some wonderful homes that are going the extra mile.
Keep curtains and shades closed to help keep sunlight out. The sun can increase the temperature in a room by several degrees.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!